Monday 30 December 2013

Out With 2013, In With 2014: Last Post For 2013

2013 in a nutshell:
  • The year a Pope voluntarily resigned for the first time since 1294
  • The year Prince George of Cambridge was born
  • The year the world lost influential people such as Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Lou Reed, Elmore Leonard and Tony Sheridan to mention a few.
However, 2013 was also the happiest, most adventurous year of my life, and here are several reasons why:

  • Cutting my hair short
It may not seem like much, but cutting my hair short made me a bit more confident. The pixie cut unleashed the cheeky, daring side of me I never really showed in public. It was always there yes, but I was too scared to do so. And the pixie cut was fun and flirty while it lasted.

  • Saying au revoir to most of my insecurities
Most of them tiny little voices criticising my every move, soon gone.

  • Starting this blog
I may have started this blog in December, but I had been planning on starting it for ages. The only thing stopping me was procrastination... and not having my own laptop.

  • Losing weight
It didn't look like much at first, but then I started wearing clothes I bought months ago that were a bit smug... only to find them hanging loose. Losing weight also gave me the confidence I never had.

  • Experimenting with my writing and storytelling skills
A three-day workshop can open a lot of doors for me in the future, especially when my skills were praised by a top Cambridge professor who was one of the organisers of the workshop.

I'm so glad I lived this year the way I did, as I'm now prepared to face 2014 with a brave (and more confident) face. I promise I'll be a better version of myself and that my blog will get better by time. And I also promise to stop moping and complaining on my social networking accounts, particularly Facebook.

That's it for this year I guess! Hope every single one of you Absurds had a good year, and hope the next one will teach you more about yourself and life than this one :) Here's a song that sums up this year for me; hope it sums up yours too!





No comments :

Post a Comment