Tuesday 21 January 2014

Picking Yourself Up When You're Falling Apart



Exams. Stress. Break-ups. Been there, still there. the most stressful months of the year have come upon me sooner than I expected. I have an exam in May and my entire writing career depends on it, and the only thing that seems to keep me going at this time of year is my motivational playlist.  So during one of my numerous breaks, I decided to go through the seemingly infinite playlist and pick out the first 10 (at random) songs.

1. (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers

By far the most addictive song ever thanks to a little show called How I Met Your Mother. (Anda younger, still sexy a hell Johnny Depp). The perfect song for that road trip with friends.

2. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

This song was awesome long before the makers of Glee got their hands on it. Journey threw all of their power behind this soaring, dynamic anthem. Do yourselves a favour and stick to the original. Your energy levels (and emotions) will thank you.


3. It's My Life by Bon Jovi

Can I let you in on a not-so-secret-anymore secret? I have a crush on John Bon Jovi, and he remained as sexy nowadays as he used to be back in the day, and he's a very confident rockstar (with great hair). This is one of those in-your-face songs you'd sing at the top of your lungs whenever you're stressed out.

4. I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man) by Kenny Loggins

Classic tune from the 1984 movie Footloose, and also song of the day. A song that will definitely make you fist-pump furiously while dancing around like a mental person.

5. Cannonball by Lea Michele

A song that's helped me pick up the pieces since the very first time I heard it.

6. Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

The lyrics say it all.

7. Walk by Foo Fighters

A song about triumph in life and achieving your goals.

8. Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas

Obviously, the playlist wouldn't be complete without a song from my all-time favourite series. A song that will definitely have you humming along and playing the air-guitar.

9. Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor

The tension and release in this song act as almost physical stimulants, supercharging you into action or just a general feeling of awesomeness and strength.

... and last but not least!...

10. Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme) by Billy Conti

When you need to work out or get pumped up for any situation, this is my go to song. Try it out next time you’re out on a run!

No comments :

Post a Comment